Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Richard Chao
Contributing Editor
Default NoDo Update Was Initially Scheduled For March 7th

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-...posed-be-monday

"You are right, the NoDo update was suppose to be released on March 7th, but it has been postponed. We don't know a date yet, but Microsoft will push the update soon."

As a follow-up to an earlier post, it looks like the "second-half of March" time frame for the NoDo update definitely applies to all WP7 phones and not just a delay for those in Europe.  According to a Microsoft Answers moderator, NoDo was initially scheduled to be released on March 7th.  A date that falls in line with CEO Steve Ballmer's statement at MWC. Apparently, the update will be pushed soon but no firm date was given.

I wish Microsoft would give us more guidance as to which devices are giving them trouble with the update process. We know there are new devices that ship with the new software.  Coupled with the impending release of CDMA phones which requires NoDo, its seems certain the hold-up is due to some devices not completing the update process without wiping the phone.  Devices that are able to accept the update without issue should be given the update.  Owners of phones that are having issues should be given a choice to wait for an in place update that won't wipe their device or be allowed to update with a fresh NoDo ROM image.  

If given the choice, I'd probably wait but I know many people who wouldn't mind a hard reset in exchange for NoDo.  What would you do?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

As one who STILL hasn't received the 'update to the update process', I'm wondering if I'll even SEE the NoDo update...

Old 03-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Richard Chao
Contributing Editor

I haven't seen it. But then again I'm running a Focus so I'm going to just wait for NoDo and update to that directly. Microsoft said in their previous message that the NoDo update wil include the pre-NoDo update so I'll wait.