Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 03-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default WP7 Update Is Back On Track

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_...are-update.aspx

"Starting today, we plan to resume rolling out the February update to Samsung phones. Meanwhile, we're continuing to dispatch the update to other Windows Phone models. As has been the case, the software patch is being sent out on a rolling schedule. You'll see a message on your phone when it's available."

Microsoft has apparently found the glitch that affected the update process for certain Samsung models, and are now pushing out the first WP7 update to everybody (eventually). This rollout has obviously not been pain free and MS testing procedures probably not as comprehensive as it should have been, but better now than later when the more important NoDo update comes due this month. If you've got a Samsung, let us know how your update experience went.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

Samsung Focus on AT&T and still nothing. No notifications and I seriously suspect that AT&T is blocking it. I've read that NoDo has been ready since December but carriers hadn't approved it. Which just proves to me that cell phone carriers, at least in the U.S., are evil.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Nelson Ocampo
Ponderer

I also have AT&T and have received no notifications for my Samsung Focus.

Rafael Rivera was saying that he expects both the pre-update and NoDo to come out today for many people, but there were no specifics.

But the fact that he thinks that both updates are coming at the same time leads me to believe that one of the updates was blocked, and we're already coming up on the 2nd cycle.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

Unlocked LG Quantum running on Rogers network in Canada -- no notification of the update here, either. I suspect Rogers is also taking a 'by' on this one as well.