Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Developer

Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Nelson Ocampo
Ponderer
Default Microsoft Increases Submission Limit for Free Apps

According to a tweet from Rafael Rivera (a member of the ChevronWP7 team), Microsoft is now allowing developers to submit up to 100 free applications instead of the previous limit of 5.

While Rafael states that the ChevronWP7 can't take all the credit, he does point out that the team did make this a major point of discussion during their talks with Microsoft.

What does this mean for us users?  While according to Rafael it means we'll have fewer sh***y apps.  It also means that developers are free to structure their business to use advertising income as their main source of revenue, by creating multiple free ad supported apps.

What do you think of this? Talk about it in the discussion forums! 

Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
BobbyCannon
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to BobbyCannon
Cool Logic Inversed

I don't understand why this will mean we will have fewer "bad" apps. I think you will see it will have the opposite effect.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM
WithinRafael
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCannon View Post
I don't understand why this will mean we will have fewer "bad" apps. I think you will see it will have the opposite effect.
My comment was regarding bad "99 cent applications". Until now, developers were strapped in terms of how many free titles could be pushed onto the marketplace. Because of this, casual developers were forced to sell applications that would have otherwise been made free (perhaps because they didn't meet an acceptable level of quality).