Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Steven McPherson
Contributing Editor-in-Training
Send a message via MSN to Steven McPherson
Default Excited to be Contributing to the Windows Phone Community!

Hello Windows Phone Thoughts Readers! My name is Steve McPherson (@stevenmc1060 on Twitter) and I will be working with the rest of the Windows Phone Thoughts Team as a Contributing Editor.  I'm REALLY excited to be here and share my passion with our readers and I'm incredibly proud to be part of a team that has contributed in shaping the Microsoft Mobile platform and Community over the years.

My technical and business background is fairly diverse in that I've held both Sales and Technical roles for companies such as Microsoft, EDS, NET and Interim Technologies.  In these roles I have always championed mobile technology as part of my "night job" and look forward to formally adding value to the Windows Phone Community.

I currently work for a company called Network Equipment Technologies (NET) and we manufacturer VOIP gateways which are "purpose built" for Microsoft UC.  As part of this role, I find myself evangelizing Microsoft's Voice platform which tends to bleed over into Windows Phone through discussions with customers who have questions around enterprise mobility and unified communications.

As a Contributing Editor, my focus will be to share with you a new voice in your daily reads.  My hope is that the information I provide will be valuable to you as a user and a technologist.  To that end, I hope that the news and views I share will translate to increased passion for the Windows Phone platform for you, our reader and enable you to share that passion with your friends and colleagues.

I'm looking forward to a productive dialog with our community and sharing the passion that I have for Mobile technology.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Welcome to the team Steve!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Welcome, Steven!