Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Richard Chao
Contributing Editor
Default Hello and a Little Bit About Myself

Hello to everyone that reads this!  My name is Richard and I have been playing with mobile Windows products since the Pocket PC days and prior to that, a Palm III.  My first foray into smartphones arena was a Pocket PC phone edition on T-mobile.  I still remember it was a huge slider phone and had an aftermarket extended battery that was secured by an OEM style clip on the bottom.  I remember that phone well because if I dropped it or looked at it sideways, the battery popped out and the phone hard reset. Currently, I use a Samsung Focus and an iPhone 4.  I am a licensed attorney and run a chain of auto repair shops and car washes.  I'm looking forward to contributing here at Windows Phone Thoughts.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Welcome to the team Richard!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

Welcome, Richard. Nice to have you around these here parts.

I had owned a Samsung Focus for all of two days, but ended up returning it. Not because of anything wrong with it - the phone's screen is drop-dead gorgeous and WP7 is a joy to use. I returned it due to lack of faith in Microsoft - that'd it go the way of the Zune. I'm still keeping an eye on WP7 though, because I think the platform is compelling and has lots of potential and may, just maybe, MS will do right by it. There's a good chance there'll be another WP7 device in my future.

Again, welcome to the Thoughts Media team!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Welcome, Richard!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Richard Chao
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsky View Post
Welcome, Richard. Nice to have you around these here parts.

I had owned a Samsung Focus for all of two days, but ended up returning it. Not because of anything wrong with it - the phone's screen is drop-dead gorgeous and WP7 is a joy to use. I returned it due to lack of faith in Microsoft - that'd it go the way of the Zune. I'm still keeping an eye on WP7 though, because I think the platform is compelling and has lots of potential and may, just maybe, MS will do right by it. There's a good chance there'll be another WP7 device in my future.

Again, welcome to the Thoughts Media team!
I was feeling the same way as you especially with the lack of CDMA devices (I recall Verizon was supposed to have one in January) and the lack of small quick updates. The Nokia alliance has given me more confidence in Microsoft's commitment in the OS although I'm now worried about fragmentation.