Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Windows Phone 7 Multitasking, IE9 and Skydrive Future Features Shown

http://blog.laptopmag.com/microsoft...ile+Technology)

"Giving a closer look at some of the new Windows Phone 7 features that are coming this spring, VP for Windows Phone Program Management Joe Belfiore demonstrated the operating system's upcoming ability to multitask, integrate with SkyDrive, and display web pages using IE 9. Though full details were scarce, we got a good taste of what we can expect when Microsoft rolls out its update in the March or April time frame."

These videos are all unfortunately pretty bad in terms of quality, but these videos are showing three of the key features that will be coming to Windows Phone 7 later in 2011: multitasking (though in reality it's not "true" multitasking), IE9, and Skydrive support for the Office hub.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Wasn't this update scheduled for "Second half" of 2011 or as someone else stated "Holidays 2011"?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
Wasn't this update scheduled for "Second half" of 2011 or as someone else stated "Holidays 2011"?
Yeah, the author on the source piece got it wrong - the stuff they were showing in the videos is for second half 2011.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

That's all very nice, but as far as multitasking, I get it about battery life, but how much resources will it eat as far as RAM and Processor power concern? Will it slow down currently running app?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 AM
jimmyfal
Pupil
Angry March or April?

NOT... You know what annoys the crap out of me? When I'm driving down the road, and I have my phone in the cradle on the dashboard, and I"m using the map to find where I'm going, the phone continues to black out to the lock screen instead of just staying on because it is plugged in to a power source. I wish there was an option to NOT turn off the phone WHILE it is plugged in to a power source. This is bizarre to me, and real pain in the ass. I'm guessing that it cannot charge and remain ON while plugged in? What IS the problem there?

jf

Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 AM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfal View Post
NOT... You know what annoys the crap out of me? When I'm driving down the road, and I have my phone in the cradle on the dashboard, and I"m using the map to find where I'm going, the phone continues to black out to the lock screen instead of just staying on because it is plugged in to a power source. I wish there was an option to NOT turn off the phone WHILE it is plugged in to a power source. This is bizarre to me, and real pain in the ass. I'm guessing that it cannot charge and remain ON while plugged in? What IS the problem there?

jf
Well, you can change screen time out to never! Go to Settings-> lock &wallpaper->Screen timeout-> drop down menu "NEVER" Disadvantage is you will have to turn screen of by pressing power button, all the time.