Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default WebOS vs. Windows Phone 7: Fight!

http://blog.laptopmag.com/os-bowl-f...day-28-at-9-a-m

"HP's webOS trounced Nokia's Meego in the first round, then fought off a more determined Android in the semis to make it to the final. On the other side of the bracket, Windows Phone 7 got past BlackBerry 6 before thoroughly trouncing Apple's iOS in the last round with more than 80 percent of the vote. So after taking on two giants in this field, the last OSes standing are ready to go gridiron."

Voting ends soon, and WebOS is ahead by a couple of percentage points - jump on to the poll and vote!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
txa1265
Intellectual

That has got to be THE stupidest thing ever.

If someone had posted a link on MacRumors then iOS would have won by 10 Trillion to 1 ... same for Crackberry or Phandroid or whatever.

And what would it matter?

We know that sales are so bad that Microsoft are using lies to pretend it is selling ... so what does it matter that either of these mobile OS's that fall in the 'other' category when it comes to market share are battling for 'best'.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
That has got to be THE stupidest thing ever.
Lighten up! It's just a fun poll, not a plebiscite on euthanasia.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM
txa1265
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Lighten up! It's just a fun poll, not a plebiscite on euthanasia.
I have no problem with fun silly polls, but are you really telling me that in 2011 a site not intended for elementary school kids can't do better than a brain-dead 'witch r bezt' poll?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
I have no problem with fun silly polls, but are you really telling me that in 2011 a site not intended for elementary school kids can't do better than a brain-dead 'witch r bezt' poll?
Aw, comon', this is a Windows Phone enthusiast site. If anyone's going to want to chant "Rah! Rah!" for their platform, it will be the people here. I posted it at 9pm at night, so it's not like it was "hot news" or anything.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 AM
txa1265
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Aw, comon', this is a Windows Phone enthusiast site. If anyone's going to want to chant "Rah! Rah!" for their platform, it will be the people here. I posted it at 9pm at night, so it's not like it was "hot news" or anything.
I have no issues with the news post and certainly not rousing enthusiast support in the poll. Don't get me wrong ... None of my stuff was directed at you or WPThoughts! My thoughts were about the poll.

I am sure you could have designed a much better poll without much thought ... In fact after years of your stuff on usenet and all of your enthusiast sites, I doubt you could manage a worse poll than those guys did

Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
I am sure you could have designed a much better poll without much thought ... In fact after years of your stuff on usenet and all of your enthusiast sites, I doubt you could manage a worse poll than those guys did
Yeah, I agree - these polls, when they're not about anything more than "What platform do you think is best?" really just boil down to fanboyism. If they'd asked "Which platform is the best at XYZ?" then there might have been some legitimate basis for voting in one platform over another...

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Macguy59
Mystic

Speaking of WP7 . . . so now I read that the update won't be available until March now ? Good way to kill a platfrom MS but practice makes perfect I guess