Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default T-Mobile Satisfied with Windows Phone 7 Sales

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...0customers.html

It seems that recently the press has really enjoyed trying to understand the impact (or lack thereof) that Windows Phone has had on the marketplace. Yahoo Finance recently published an article asking "Why Aren't Crowds Flocking to Windows Phones?" LG has come out and said they are slightly disappointed with sales, even while Deutsche Telekom  and now T-Mobile US have come out and said that WP7 is "doing well". So I guess the point is that we really won't know for a while whether or not WP7 will be able to make a real stand against Android and iOS. Regardless, 2011 will be an interesting year for mobile.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 AM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Actually I do believe that sales for WP7 are "satisfactory". But it won't last long. Hard core windows mobile/phone, just like me, got their device, there's not much press about "latest and greatest" OS from MS. And what ever happened to the update, that I keep hearing about?
Bottom line: MS playing catch up game as usual, When competition, s.a. Apple and Android already introduced video calling on their devices, Apple working on payment system, MS still straggles with copy/paste and forget about multitasking! That's like couple years behind. I did have high hopes for WP7, now I can say, I am very disappointed!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Richard Chao
Contributing Editor

Microsoft will cruise along until Gen 2 hardware gets here...

Hopefully, it will have a front facing camera with the appropriate APIs.

Video calling is a feature that will drive sales in the retail market. Not dual core or what ever MHz processor. All the consumer wants is can it run smoothly and do what everyone is talking about.

Nokia needs to place priority on helping Microsoft integrate video calling into the OS.