Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 01-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default How to Take Class Notes with your Windows Phone

http://blogs.office.com/b/office-ed...ote-mobile.aspx

The crew over at the Microsoft Office Blog has some tips on how to create notes and sync them to Windows Live Skydrive. I have personally used OneNote to take quick notes about beers and wines as I'm out and about.  It's a great tool and a great substitute for those addicted to Evernote.  Hit the link for some details on how to get up and running in no time.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
hummingbirdhill
Ponderer
Default Microsoft OneNote

The option for Skydrive is very good for those who wish to use it, but being required to go through a cloud to get my data from cell phone to puter and viceversa is like being required to go through Microsoft to purchase a cell phone, and why would I wish to jump through that hoop rather than order a phone directly from the carrier?

Yo, I have OneNote on my puters as well as on my HTC Fuze WinMob 6.5 phone---and they easily, quickly, directly sync with each other. Why would I want to cruise through SkyDrive?

(I realize that many users trust the "cloud" betwixt puter and cell phone, but I don't need or want SkyDrive; not everyone continually works "on the road" or treks daily to a workplace away from home. We are all different! Does Microsoft forget that we are adults---well, most of us are adults!---who appreciate options?)

Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I could not agree more......

Unfortunately I am sure that some of those mysterious "Users focus groups" MS always cites to justify what they decide to do indicated that the majority of people prefer to use the "Cloud"......
Yes sure, like what happened with WHS...........

Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

Actually, the article is pretty light on the 'how'.... it basically says "...open up a note, put in your ideas/thoughts, then sync it up to skydrive to have it available on your PC..." big help. Here, I THOUGHT it was going to provide some neat way to keep up with the prof without having to resort to an external keyboard.

Maybe I was expecting too much...