Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android Phones & Accessories > Samsung Android Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor
Default Canada To Get The Nexus S: Might Work On AT&T?!

http://pocketnow.com/android/google...s-coming-to-att

"Following up on a lead that suggested Samsung's Google Nexus S is coming to AT&T, we did some investigating, and learned that a variant does indeed exist which might land on what recently became the nation's largest carrier."

I think everyone assumed/hoped that it would happen sooner or later but this is a bit sooner than I expected. Far from being official, PocketNow has done a little digging over at the Bluetooth SIG site and discovered another version of the Nexus S that seems to indicate that it might support the 3G bands required for use in North America. While it's doubtful that AT&T themselves will sell the Nexus S hopefully those of us clinching to our Nexus Ones for dear life might have the opportunity to purchase one of these lovely toys. Will my desire for an unlocked, un-carriered phone outweigh my desire for the dual core goodness soon to come our way? Only time will tell. How about you guys? Would you purchase an AT&T compatible Nexus S if it were to become available?