Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop & Netbook Hardware > HP Laptops & Netbooks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default HP Pavilion dm1 Reviewed

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-...ody#reviewPage1

"The biggest story in laptops over the past few years has been the incredibly popular Netbook. These 10- and 11-inch (and originally 7- and 9-inch) laptops came out of nowhere to capture the attention of a public tired of paying for too much computing power. After a couple of good years, however, Netbooks are being replaced by new systems that offer a little more performance for a little more money, first in the form of dual-core premium Netbooks and now in systems such as the HP Pavilion dm1 with AMD's new Fusion platform."

I'm a netbook purist when it comes to size, I hate the trend towards larger screens.  I'm currently sporting an Asus Eee PC 8.9” Netbook Tablet PC that is almost the same size as the original Eee netbook (tiny).  But I can see for most people that these are great.  In reality for the average user, with just a little more screen and horsepower over a traditional netbook and you have what can very well be someones only computer.