Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default eWallet Makes It To Windows Phone 7

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/ew/ewallet_go.php

"eWallet GO! is a streamlined, stand-alone secure information manager. It allows you to safely store your important information on your Windows Phone 7 device and to backup or restore your information using Google Docs or Dropbox."

In the 7 years I've been involved with Windows Mobile, eWallet has been one of my must-have, can't-leave-home-without-it apps. I've found it an indispensable tool for managing (and generating) passwords, and keeping sensitive information safe and easily accessible. Now Ilium Software have just launched a Windows Phone 7 version that's going to be one of my very first purchases, as soon as Microsoft gets around to actually making the Marketplace available in my region (hint, hint). It would be even more useful once we have cut and paste on board (hint! hint! hint!). The app is available through the Windows Marketplace for $4.99, and there's a conversion tool on the way for users of eWallet 7.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhisham Hussein View Post
and there's a conversion tool on the way for users of eWallet 7.
That is a very important point. As of this time there is absolutely no way of getting the entries you have been making into your other copies of eWallet for the past 7-10 years, into the WP7 version, short of keying them in on the phone. There is a backup capability which can save to, and restore from, a web storage facility like Dropbox or Google (not Skydrive). My expectation is that the conversion will take your current .wlt and convert it to the new backup format so you can stick it on the web and restore from it (my guess). Doesn't sound like 'sync' is going to happen any time soon. I can live with that, but until at least that happens, my already purchased copy of eWallet is going to sit dormant. Ilium has been pretty good over the years so I expect they will come up with a solution. Hopefully quickly.