Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Brad Wasson
Contributing Editor
Default Evernote for Windows Phone 7 Is On The Way

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2...ch-this-winter/

"Evernote will have an application for Windows Phone 7 ready 'this winter', according to a post on the company's official blog. No additional details have been made public, but given the suggested time frame, Evernote for Windows Phone 7 should be ready in a couple of months at the latest."

You may want to place a note to yourself in Evernote on your PC as a reminder that a version of this very capable note-taking application will be available for Windows Phone 7 in the not too distant future. Evernote is supported on multiple platforms, so adding the Windows Phone 7 platform is not a great surprise, but will certainly be welcomed by many.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I've looked at Evernote several times as a note taking solution, but each time I saw that they hadn't provided any kind of offline access. I ride the subway back and forth to work and I would be able to author or access my notes.

That was a deal breaker for me. I ended up using a basic text editor on top of Dropbox. The android app is called Epistle.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 AM
victore
Theorist

phillip - evernote "notes" can contain many different file types, so it's not uncommon for evernote databases to grow to gigabytes in size. the iphone version of evernote allows you to store certain notes locally. i would think that the wp7 would also have that capability.