Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Slate & Tablet Hardware > Other Slates & Tablets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default ASUS Eee Note EA800 Note-Taking Tablet

http://blog.laptopmag.com/asus-eee-...n#axzz19dhbyycV

"One of the most unique devices of 2010, the ASUS Eee Note EA800 is an 8-inch 64-shade grayscale slate that's designed to focus squarely on one important but often-ignored task: note-taking. Unlike popular consumer tablets such as the iPad and Galaxy Tab, which offer colorful multitouch-capable screens and thousands of apps, the Eee Note uses a stylus and a proprietary OS to focus on providing a better writing and drawing experience. Right now, the $250 device is only being sold in Taiwan, where it hit store shelves earlier this month."

I think 2011 is going to be there year of 1000 tablet launches, in all shapes, sizes, and functionalities...and by the end of the year most of them will be abandoned. Companies want to see what "sticks" with the market, so they're throwing a bunch of darts at the dartboard and hoping one will hit a bullseye. For me, the Eee Note EA800 is a miss - but maybe in some vertical markets (education, etc.) it might be a hit. You?