Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Hits 5000 Apps!

http://wpcentral.com/windows-phone-...o-signs-slowing

Once again, another week another milestone. Today, the Marketplace hit the big ol' 5,000 for available apps. What's funny about this number is on December 25th, WebOS also hit 5,000 official apps (unofficially, it's over 6,000). As we mentioned last time, WebOS has been out for 18+ months, whereas Windows Phone, just two.

Windows Phone 7 has hit the 5000 app mark since it's release just two months ago.  This is a fantastic sign of the support and attention being given to the platform by developers.  Microsoft has been working diligently to ensure the developers and companies would create new apps as well as convert their apps from other platforms.  They have created the tools, they have paid some developers for their support, and most importantly they have created an interesting new OS that has many users very happy and craving for quality apps.  That being said, there are still obvious holes in the marketplace.  Which app are you still waiting for?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
srmz
Ponderer

I want an office suite as elaborate as Softmaker's Planmaker and Textmaker. Without this I will stick with windows mobile 6.5 on my HD2.

Something like PhoneAlarm which gives good control over profiles management as well as added functionality such as repeating missed call alarm will also be welcomed

Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

I would love to see Spb port over most (if not all) of their packages onto the WP7 platform. In particular, I'd love to see Wallet moved over first.

Then, I'm hoping someone like Tom-Tom or Garmin come up with a turn-by-turn navigation system for WP7, with built-in maps. (Loading down the map data as you go is a major burn on $$).

Also, MS -- others have come up with ways to integrate Tasks with the Exchange 2007 server, why can you come up with something (as you did in WM6.x) that will also integrate with the Exchg 2003 server directly in the email/calendar interface????