Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Mortgage Miser App Now Available!

http://social.zune.net/redirect?typ...64-00237de2db9e

"Use Mortgage Miser to calculate the total cost of a Fixed-rate or 5/1 Adjustable Rate (ARM) mortgage. This app lets you see the total cost over the entire term of the mortgage. It's fun to play with, and you'll learn a lot just messing around with the numbers. If you're shopping for a Mortgage, it's not a bad app to have for quick questions like "How important is 0.25% less of an interest rate?" or "Why do I want a 20 year instead of a 30 year mortgage?"

So I'm probably a bit biased here, but when you're proud of something simple, you like to tell people about it. Mortgage Miser, my first Windows Phone 7 program, is now available in the Marketplace. It's free, and can be a fun tool to play with even if you're not in the buying-a-home mode at the moment. What's really interesting is seeing how the change of perhaps 0.25% can affect the total loan cost! So go grab the app, support the research of myself and my co-author (through ad impressions) and enjoy learning about the largest purchase you might ever make!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Congrats Jon - it's a nice milestone.