Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Brad Wasson
Contributing Editor
Default Synchronize Tasks Between WP7 and Exchange

http://appamundi.com/products/tasks/

"The application allows you to synchronise your Tasks list with Exchange Server 2007 and later so you can add and update your tasks on the go and always remain in-sync with your Exchange mailbox. It uses the same ActiveSync protocol as the built-in Email and Calendar applications to efficiently and securely synchronise directly with your server over any network type."

A new app from APPA Mundi allows you to keep your tasks list in sync with your Exchange mailbox so you can update your to-do list on the move and see the same status in Outlook when you are back in the office or at home. Functionality includes the ability to create new tasks and edit existing ones, including marking tasks complete as you finish them. Additional options include:

• filter your task list by Status
  • sort your tasks by Status, Priority, Subject, Start Date or Due Date
  • create new tasks on your Windows Phone
  • edit and delete existing tasks
  • synchronize with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and later

A trial version allows entry of up to 4 tasks so that you can get a feel for the application.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM
kwickone
Neophyte

Looks great! Here's what it needs to be better:

1. Live Tile support
2. Lower price. I hate saying this, as I am sure that the dev worked hard on it...but in the day and age of .99 cent apps, a small "utility" like this should not be 3.99.

I love seeing all the new stuff in the Marketplace!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Now, if only Windows Live supported tasks.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I just installed it and it seems to work as expected. A big problem, not related to the app itself, is that WP7 does not support categories.
Besides I strongly believe that it is preposterous that in order to use "Tasks" in WP 7 people need to buy a third party application; this functionality has been supported since the beginning of Windows Mobile OSes.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
zeke009
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Now, if only Windows Live supported tasks.
For as long as I can remember this has always been one of the top complaints about Windows Mobile/Phone. There are always 3rd party apps that manage Tasks and they are always a decent selling item. So why is MS so blind to this? What is so hard to understand that non-Exchange users use Tasks?!

I'd much rather see the Live service support Tasks so that a simple sync from home (Outlook Connector) updates everything as it does today. Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 PM
efjay
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke009 View Post
For as long as I can remember this has always been one of the top complaints about Windows Mobile/Phone. There are always 3rd party apps that manage Tasks and they are always a decent selling item. So why is MS so blind to this? What is so hard to understand that non-Exchange users use Tasks?!

I'd much rather see the Live service support Tasks so that a simple sync from home (Outlook Connector) updates everything as it does today. Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks!
MS removed Drive Extender from WHS, the key selling point of WHS. Microsoft doesnt get it, any of it.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
MS removed Drive Extender from WHS, the key selling point of WHS. Microsoft doesnt get it, any of it.
They also killed Response Point and Small Business Accounting..... and we had to revert to QuickBooks that I hate viscerally.......

The list is very long.............

I am not sure that the issue is that they do not understand rather than the internal battle for importance and dominance among department inside the company. While the idea to make them competing against one another makes sense.... in theory, if the competition is not "controlled" by the upper management it degenerates and harm the overall company performances.
And yes, WHS is a perfect example of the issue.

Last edited by Fritzly; 12-13-2010 at 09:03 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
zeke009
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
WHS has long been on my watch list for repurposing a PC that will be upgraded next year, but with the Drive Extender leaving the product it is no longer on the list. WHS was a cheap and easy solution (as I viewed it), now it looks like I need a RAID card and have to setup some complex config where Drive Extender simplified it drastically.

Maybe some execs needs to get out and meet customers in person to learn more about their direction and how frustrating it is from the outside.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Wasson View Post
http://appamundi.com/products/tasks/

"The application allows you to synchronise your Tasks list with Exchange Server 2007 and later so you can add and update your tasks on the go and always remain in-sync with your Exchange mailbox. It uses the same ActiveSync protocol as the built-in Email and Calendar applications to efficiently and securely synchronise directly with your server over any network type."

A new app from APPA Mundi allows you to keep your tasks list in sync with your Exchange mailbox so you can update your to-do list on the move and see the same status in Outlook when you are back in the office or at home. Functionality includes the ability to create new tasks and edit existing ones, including marking tasks complete as you finish them. Additional options include:
  • filter your task list by Status
  • sort your tasks by Status, Priority, Subject, Start Date or Due Date
  • create new tasks on your Windows Phone
  • edit and delete existing tasks
  • synchronize with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and later
A trial version allows entry of up to 4 tasks so that you can get a feel for the application.
I grabbed this as soon as I saw it on the Marketplace. Unfortunately, my co. is still running Exchange 2003 ! ..when I checked with my CIO they said "We're looking into it..." sheesh.. talk about being WAYYYY behind the times.

That said, I will add my voice to those who don't understand why HTC (first, in their implementation of Sense) then MS decided Tasks were not something Outlook people needed to synch/manage. I depend on them to keep my life in some assemblance of order.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

My favourite rant: Why are there no tasks in modern smartphones? Palm (the one everyone laughed about) got that right with the Palmpilot all those years ago. Do people not use tasks? Seriously!