Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Andy Dixon
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Mashables 4 Photo Sharing Alternatives To Flickr And Facebook

http://mashable.com/2010/11/30/phot...g-alternatives/

"More than 130 years after George Eastman invented roll film, still photography remains one of the most expressive and enduring ways that individuals from all over the world capture and share their experiences. That's why it's not really a surprise that photo sharing sites were some of the first social sites to appear on the Internet(). Today, the photo sharing category of sites and apps is largely dominated by the two big players, Facebook() and Flickr(). Both services are a great way to share photographs and video with family members, friends, online acquaintances and even the random Internet visitor. However, the world of photo sharing sites and tools goes far beyond just these services."

These four alternative photo sharing sites suggested by Mashable are all new to me.  I've been using Picasa for a while for sharing pictures with my family and friends and hadn't really considered any other products.  However, I think I will check these out and compare to Picasa to see if I am missing out on any features or functionality that would benefit me more, or even one thats a little more simple to browse as I know my elderly mother does struggle with Picasa.