Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Surround Review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4015/...-pocket-boombox

If a good audio experience is high on your list of features to have with your phone, the HTC Surround should certainly be on your short list.

AnandTech has a full review of the device. Check it out and see if the device AnandTech calls a "pocket boombox" is worthy of your money.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:05 AM
randalllewis
Thinker

Wow, that is quite a review. Kudos to HTC for pushing the envelope that Microsoft dictates for Windows Phone. As much a music fan as I am, this phone still doesn't interest me. I suspect most people need to use headphone/earbuds for their smartphone music experiences because they are in public places. The boomboxes of the 80's were annoying, and even if the HTC does sound like a small boombox, I don't want to hear yours. I can envision uses for this while traveling, but that is about it. I agree with the reviewer that the Zune service needs to be able to be used in landscape mode and that is really obvious with the Surround sitting on its kickstand playing music.