Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default CyberLink Launches PowerDirector 9 � World�s First Native 64-bit Consumer Video Editing Software

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/compa...ent.do?pid=2626

"CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) today released the latest version of its award-winning video editing software, PowerDirector 9. Designed with high usability for consumers and powerful, pro-like features for prosumers, PowerDirector 9 unleashes users' full creative potential with performance-driven technologies including CyberLink's new TrueVelocity Engine. PowerDirector 9 is designed to make the editing process not only easier, but also faster. TrueVelocity editing technologies take advantage of native 64-bit OS support and leading CPU/GPU components to significantly reduce video processing time, while powerful, high quality tools such as the new unified keyframe control and a greatly improved timeline editor allow users to create even the most demanding and complex video productions."

CyberLink's PowerDirector software has always been pretty fast, but with version 9 they upped the ante on optimization; this new version will use every core, every thread, every stream processor on your ATI or Nvidia GPU, and every scrap of RAM to accelerate video encoding. I just downloaded a press copy of the software tonight, and the timing is perfect because my first attempt at using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 to render a video resulted in a crash and a failed render. It truly blows my mind that Adobe is incapable of creating video editing software that doesn't crash at random - yet it's one of the few programs that easy to use and generates high-quality output at the resolutions, codec, and bit rate that I need. I'm hoping that PowerDirector 9 can do what I need!