Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Video Review Of Essential Windows Phone 7 Apps

http://gizmodo.com/5687626/windows-...l-apps-reviewed

Gizmodo has done a video review of what it considers the essential applications you need on your Windows Phone 7 device.

Right off the top, I'd have to say I fully agree with their recommendation of Flight Control game where you play air traffic control. It was the first app I purchased and I've wasted many hours trying accomplish all of the achievements.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
randalllewis
Thinker

Wow. It is like they peeked at my phone! Many of the recommended apps are on my phone. I did later delete the AP News app because it didn't seem to update very often, which is kind of important for a news app. There is another US based news app- Breaking News- which is from msnbc.com. It does update more often, but it needs a live tile feature. I know using a live tile requires some background server costs, but that ought to easy for a large web based news gathering operation.

I also appreciated the Avatar Gadgets app, though it probably will hurt downloads of all those other flashlight programs in the marketplace. It appears to me that flashlight apps are running ahead in the competition with fart apps for the most common limited usefulness app on Windows Phone.