Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default We Want You: Thoughts Media Review Team Seeking Contributors

Help! We have more products to review than we know what to do with! Do you enjoy using new hardware, software and accessories, then sharing your experience with others? Then join us on the Thoughts Media Review team! We're looking for individuals who find it fun to test hardware, software, and accessories then give their honest opinions about them.

Our areas of focus include laptops, netbooks, slates, tablets, Windows Phones, the Microsoft Zune, Android phones, the iPhone, iMacs, Macbooks, the iPad, and other digital devices such as digital cameras, video cameras, photo editing software, printers, scanners, video editing software...and pretty much anything else related to creating, editing, and sharing anything digital. Oh, and don't forget about headphones and nearly any other gizmo out there from portable batteries to memory cards to power bars. We focus on the Windows and OS X platforms, along with Windows Phone, iOS, and Android for mobile platforms.

If it's technology-related, odds are good that it can be covered on one of our sites - and that means you can write about it. It's important to understand that you won't be writing for a single site - you can review any product you want as long as it fits into one of the areas of focus that our network covers.

If you have a Windows Phone 7 phone, or are planning on getting one soon, we're especially interested in you because we want to start offering regular reviews of Windows Phone 7 applications. The same goes for iPhone and Android apps.

We're looking for people with a solid grasp of the English language, but you don't have to be the next John Grisham to qualify. Impressive writing skills are less important than having an appetite for thoroughly testing technology and sharing your thoughts with others. Part of the review team application process is writing a trial article, and we'll get a good feel for your writing ability from that.

Interested? We have more information on this page, including a FAQ that's worth looking at. I'm looking to add at least ten new faces to the review team, so if you're interested, please apply! I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have that aren't covered in the FAQ, so please post them here and I'll respond, or drop me a line directly.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
efjay
Theorist

I've seen these posts previously and always thought I would like to write for you guys, but honestly, I would only be interested in reviewing MS stuff, but obviously an honest review. I definitely intend to get a WP7 device, the Dell next week when it becomes available to order. Guess my quesiton is would a confessed MS fan be considered to write for you?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
I would only be interested in reviewing MS stuff, but obviously an honest review. I definitely intend to get a WP7 device, the Dell next week when it becomes available to order. Guess my quesiton is would a confessed MS fan be considered to write for you?
Sure, it's not a problem that you're a self-confessed Microsoft fan - so am I. We're definitely looking for people to write here at Windows Phone Thoughts. But are you saying you'd only want to review Windows Phone 7 devices? There aren't that many to begin with, and access to devices are somewhat rare so who gets to review them is based on availability and sometimes seniority. That said, if you're open to reviewing other things as part of the Windows Phone ecosystem - apps, cases, accessories, etc. - then that's something we definitely want to see. In particular, I want to see more apps reviews here at this site...so if that's something you'd like to help with, please do apply.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
efjay
Theorist

No, not confining to just WP7 stuff, just MS stuff - lappies, pc's, accessories etc. Definitely anything WP7 related as well, open to anything with an MS logo on it!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
No, not confining to just WP7 stuff, just MS stuff - lappies, pc's, accessories etc. Definitely anything WP7 related as well, open to anything with an MS logo on it!
Sure, we have access to lots of that sort of stuff.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
efjay
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Sure, we have access to lots of that sort of stuff.
Ok, I hope to have a sample review on my HD2 submitted shortly.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

Oooh...you guys still looking? Now that I have a feel for my course workload, doing this would certainly be possible and exciting.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alber1690 View Post
Oooh...you guys still looking? Now that I have a feel for my course workload, doing this would certainly be possible and exciting.
We're always looking.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Anjuan Simmons
Thoughts Media Review Team
Smile Joining the Review Team

Hi Jason,

I sent a message using the contact form, but I have not yet received a reply.

I wrote for Pocket PC Thoughts several years ago, and I would love to have the opportunity to review products for the site. I am especially interested in reviewing hardware because I have a strong interest in the specifications and performance profile of smart phones.

My educational background (undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and a masters of business administration), work history (13 year career as an information technology expert), and my recent experience writing for Black Web 2.0 (http://www.blackweb20.com/author/anjuan/) gives me a strong set of skills to bring to the review team. I am required to write four articles per week for Black Web 2.0 so I have the discipline to write regular hardware reviews for Thoughts Media. Also, I spoke at South by Southwest Interactive this year (2010), and my panel proposal, "What Comic Books Can Teach Mobile Application Designers", was accepted to be presented next year. I have also spoken at various technology conferences around the country, and I would be honored to represent Thoughts Media at the conferences to which I can travel.

Here are a few examples of software and hardware reviews that I wrote for Pocket PC Thoughts(of course, now rebranded to Windows Phone Thoughts) and for Black Web 2.0:

Record Time: Audio Notes v1.0 Reviewed (http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/f398...wed-77419.html)

Tales from Encrypt (http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/f398...wed-77830.html)

Weighing Your Options: A Smartphone OS Cheat Sheet (http://www.blackweb20.com/2010/10/19...s-cheat-sheet/)

5 Cool GPS Apps for Your Smartphone (http://www.blackweb20.com/2010/08/04...ur-smartphone/)

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully making contributions to the success of the Thoughts Media Review team!

Regards,

Anjuan Simmons