Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default The Future Is 3D. You Gotta Wear Shades.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-106432453.html

"In its first-ever ranking of 3D performance, Consumer Reports evaluated 14 3D TV models and found that plasma TVs are better at displaying 3D images than LCD sets, primarily because they exhibit less ghosting, or double images that appear even when wearing 3D glasses. Three plasma models from Panasonic exhibited the best 3D picture quality and the least ghosting of all the sets tested."

It comes as no surprise that not all 3D TVs are made the same.  If you are one to hop onto the 3D TV bandwagon, it might be worthwhile to consider your purchase.  Plasma TVs definitely seem to have the edge, which is a far cry from a year ago, when some thought that the Plasma screen TV was dying.  I just find it fascinating.  I do not subscribe to the 3D crowd, but I wonder what all the push is about.  I still see people using old CRT style televisions.  I even see some stores with some old stock they are trying to sell!  Why not wait a few years until everyone has your plain old 2D LCD or Plasma TV and then push the 3D TV sales?  That sounds like a much better way to maximize profits!