Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default Gigabyte Tablet Twists And Docks

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archive...ng_station.html

"The Gigabyte T1125 convertible Windows 7 tablet has gotten some pumped up specs and a nice dock to accompany the device while it rests away on the top of your desk, similar to Gigabyte's Booktop solution. First off, the T1125 will now ship with either an Intel Core i3 or i5 processor, with emerging markets to get the lower spec Core 2 Duo ULV chips."

The hardware for the Gigabye T1125 does not appear to be anything special.  It's a convertible tablet with specifications that you can find in many other tablets or laptops.  I am just in love with the dock.  I am sick and tired of having to hook and unhook dozens of wires each time I want to go mobile.  The laptop itself also takes up a fair bit of space on the desk.  A fast and easy vertical dock is such an elegant solution that it would be more than enough tos way my purchasing decision.  I only worry about what sort of wear and tear there will be on the left hand side of the tablet after several hundred docks.  Does anyone else wish more companies would introduce a docking solution like this?