Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default O2 HD7 Reviewed

http://www.smartphonegurus.com/foru...htc-hd7-review/

"As you will no doubt be aware today (21st of October) is the 'launch day' of Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 in the UK and Europe. Our good friends at O2 have kindly loaned us their variant of the HTC HD7 for review. As we only received the machine just in time for the launch date we'll be putting the device through its paces on a daily basis and commenting as to how each aspect of the device works in the real world! So onwards." 

The reviews are coming in fast and furious. Here we have Smartphone Gurus review of the UK version of the HD7, sold via O2. The review is ongoing and you can put in your own queries if you have a mind. Battery life seems to be a problem, but whether this is a problem with the OS, the HTC design or this specific unit, we'll have to wait and see - other reviews (so far) don't report the kind of battery drain the reviewer is seeing.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor

If it has an OLED display I would blame that. Power usage difference between that and LCD seems to be huge. It doesn't seem to matter if it's the standard AMOLED or Super AMOLED. They both seem to use a lot more juice then LCD.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector View Post
If it has an OLED display I would blame that.
It doesn't - it uses a standard LCD. But it's a BIG LCD. I don't know if the reviewer has used an HD2 or not, but when you've got a phone with a screen that big, and a CPU that powerful, you're going to be recharging it every 1-1.5 days. It's just the way things are.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:04 PM
efjay
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
It doesn't - it uses a standard LCD. But it's a BIG LCD. I don't know if the reviewer has used an HD2 or not, but when you've got a phone with a screen that big, and a CPU that powerful, you're going to be recharging it every 1-1.5 days. It's just the way things are.
Doesnt help that HTC included the same inadequate battery as they did with the HD2. Rather than try and improve the battery performance they just stuck an HD2 in a different case and called it the HD7. I still wonder why this company is held in such high regard...