Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Sharepoint & Office 2010 on Windows Phone 7

http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/...windows-phone-7

"Last Monday we had a meeting with the Office 2010 Mobile team and got to talk about a few of the cool new features in Office 2010 for Windows Phone 7. Since most of the tech reviewers that you'll see around the internet probably won't have access to a Sharepoint 2010 server, I was especially interested in seeing how the Sharepoint 2010 features and integration worked. So that's what you'll see in the video below."

I know about as much about SharePoint as I do about OS X - and this is coming from someone who now owns a Mac Mini - but what I do know is that for some people, having SharePoint functionality is make-of-break for their mobile experience. The video above shows you what's possible with Windows Phone 7 and SharePoint. Current SharePoint users, is it enough to start? What should they add next?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Fritzly
Sage

Based on what I found out... so far, using SharePoint is quite tricky:
In order to access SharePoint 2010 content from outside the corporate firewall Forefront Universal Access Gateway is needed . Furthermore WP 7 does not work with previous edition of SharePoint.
No word if these "features" will be updated in the future.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:12 AM
PhatCohiba
Intellectual

I believe its TMG (Threat Management Gateway) which is the standard MS way to publish an internal sharepoint site externally.

I'd like to call out the broad commitment that scenario is showing for wp7. The office team, the forefront TMG team, and the wp7 team are all coordinating the software behind that scenario. And that is playing out across all of Microsofts product families on WP7. Zune, xbox, office, windows live, dev tools. All before the first phone has shipped. I can't image what the phone will offer by this time next year.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:06 AM
T_Scheen
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
Based on what I found out... so far, using SharePoint is quite tricky:
In order to access SharePoint 2010 content from outside the corporate firewall Forefront Universal Access Gateway is needed . Furthermore WP 7 does not work with previous edition of SharePoint.
No word if these "features" will be updated in the future.

Very good point. As long as there is no VPN-App for our corporate network (We use URA from Juniper Networks on our Laptops/Desktops), there is no way to access any of our corporate sharepoint data.