Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor
Default PRemoteDroid: Use Your Android Phone As A Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

http://www.talkandroid.com/17283-us...h-premotedroid/

"PRemoteDroid is a useful free app for those of you who have HTPCs (Home Theatre PCs) or do presentations for work. It basically allows you to use your Android phone's touchscreen as a touchpad mouse and your keyboard to input text - all wirelessly!"

Some times I come across a program and just have to say, wow. PRemoteDroid is one of those programs. I have an Acer Nettop hooked up you my TV for playing DVDs and Netflix. Having a convenient way to control the PC has always been an issue. Until recently I used my old Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard and mouse from my Windows Mobile days... that is until the dog decided to eat my mouse. Enter PRemoteDroid to save the day!

Setup couldn't be easier, install the app from the market and download the server portion to your PC. You can connect your phone over WiFi or Bluetooth, both worked well for me. Unlike other remote apps out there this one features remote screen capture, which shows you where you cursor is on the PC's display, as well as a built in file explorer! You can browse the file system of the remote computer and launch any file in the default program on the PC. This is a must have for anyone with a home theater PC.