Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default Windows Phone Marketplace Revamp

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_...tm-refresh.aspx

The Windows Phone Marketplace team is getting ready for launch. In anticipation of that exciting event they have revamped the developer portal in order to make it easier to distribute and manage games and apps. These changes coincide with a new set of policies and timelines for rolling out Marketplace for developers. Initially, two thousand developers will be chosen from the initial registered developers. Chosen developers will receive guidance and early access to the application submission and certification process. Windows Phone Marketplace will become fully available to developers in November. Most importantly for developers is that the first payday will come in February. All of this is really exciting and suggests that the app selection will be robust at launch.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Paragon
Magi

I have a couple of questions:

WP7 is launching Oct.11 with devices at least in Europe later in the month, yet developers don't even get access to Marketplace till sometime in Novemeber, to begin to receive guidance on how to use it and submit apps, isn't that a bit late? Shouldn't this be all done by now?

If they are going to start selling app in November but aren't going to see any money till February isn't that a bit long? In the business world 90 days is well into legal collection time.

Once again, I'm sorry. It seems the only thing I post about for WP7 lately is negative. I'm only a messenger.

Last edited by Paragon; 10-08-2010 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I do not understand the timing too; If a developer published an app In November and by the end of the month an X amount of people buy, and therefore pay, it why there are at least sixty days before he receives his money?

In order to lure developers in the payment should be available immediately.