Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Events

Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Windows Phone 7 Launching October 11th in NYC

http://www.wmexperts.com/our-magica...rts+(WMExperts)

"We've been saying it for weeks now: Microsoft will be launching Windows Phone 7 in New York City on October 11th and while others doubted, it looks to be confirmed by none other than Microsoft. What's even more odd, is that T-Mobile is the featured guest and we bet a certain HTC HD7 will be the star. Guess that rumor we heard about AT&T's exclusivity being only two-weeks may be accurate after all..."

The cat is out of the bag: Windows Phone 7 is officially getting launched on October 11th. And, I'll just come right out and say it, no one from Windows Phone Thoughts got invited to cover the event. Limited capacity at the event and all that jazz - sadly, we're just not considered important in the eyes of Microsoft. How times change...anyway, we've been added to the waiting list, but I don't expect we'll be able to cover it live. However, there will be a Webcast of the event and I'll be doing a write-up as I watch it.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I am not surprised: even when MS was at the zenith of its splendor it has always suffered of an inferiority complex toward other, supposedly, more established companies. It is like that, in spite of the billion the company crunched, the management felt they were looked as nerds. It is like someone who made a fortune in the last twenty years and therefore is looking to be admitted in the "Old boys" Club to reassure his self confidence.
This is the reason they like to be surrounded by big companies executives instead of trying to win users "earths and minds".