Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > The Competition

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default Google TV Site is Official Now

http://theappleblog.com/2010/10/04/...t=Google+Reader

"Google today launched its official site for the upcoming Google TV. The site details many of the new product's features, and I suspect it's designed to give at least some who were considering buying an Apple TV pause. Google won't be shipping any actual hardware running Google TV until later this fall, but even the mini-site itself is a good opening salvo against Cupertino."

I'm considering one of these, for the simple fact that it has so many more options than the Apple TV. The big question though, is cost. We still don't have a price on this thing, but I'm intrigued by the number of partners they have signed up including Netflix and HBO. I don't think I would go with the TV version as I'd prefer the box, but again, without a price it's kind of hard to make an informed decision. If you are curious, take the Google TV tour [link].