Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Windows Phone 7: The Phone to Save Us From Our Phones?

Microsoft has been criticized in the past for ineffective ads - or non-existent ads - for Windows Mobile/Windows Phone products, but I think both of these ads are quite clever. They hit on a societal symptom that we all know and recognize, and offer Windows Phone 7 as the solution. It may or may not be, but the ads are brilliant in my opinion. What's your take?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I like the first one; the message they are trying to push is an interesting concept. We will see if it will hold in real life usage.
There is something wrong with the second one:the WP7 screen seems "attached" on top of the video...... and the shadow of the fingers is wrong too.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
There is something wrong with the second one:the WP7 screen seems "attached" on top of the video...... and the shadow of the fingers is wrong too.
Yeah, you can tell it's mocked up...hopefully the final production version won't look that bad - people will see it even more obviously in HD!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:56 PM
subzerohf
Intellectual

Love both of them! I'm sure a lot of you (incl. me) saw yourself in those ads. You need to be able to laugh at yourself!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
benjimen
Intellectual

The kind of ads you skip through -- or do something else while they play, nothing in them grabs your attention. They need to take some time away from WP7 pride-parade events and find a more effective ad agency...

Old 09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor

At some point they need to provide an add that shows the interface more clearly. They really need to focus on the differences between WP7 and the competitors.

These are great teaser ads though.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
hang5lngbd
Pupil
Default Microsoft blocked the ads

Seems like a stupid thing to do. Block ads on youtube???

Old 10-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

Indeed; why did MS ask these to be removed? I thought they'd make great publicity.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Yuan Sheng View Post
Indeed; why did MS ask these to be removed? I thought they'd make great publicity.
I'd guess because they were leaked before they were ready, or perhaps they weren't even approved, final versions. I agree though, Windows Phone 7 needs all the buzz it can get, so screw the "plans", leave them up!

Old 10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I'd guess because they were leaked before they were ready, or perhaps they weren't even approved, final versions. I agree though, Windows Phone 7 needs all the buzz it can get, so screw the "plans", leave them up!
Well, I agree that WP7 should try to grab as much exposure as possible so I hope that MS attempt to pull the ads were motivated to do exactly that.
Nowadays once something ends on the net...... is over. The more you try to pull it out the more exposure it will get. The best way to make something to die is to ignore it.