Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default HTC HD7 Specs Revealed

http://wmpoweruser.com/exclusive-ht...sa-aws-support/

The specification sheet for the HTC HD7 has been supposedly been discovered by an editor over at WMPoweruser.com. While seeing some information on the HD7 is fantastic, the specs are decidedly less interesting. The specs appear to be (as previously rumored) almost exactly like those of the HD2. In fact, if this spec sheet proves correct, the HD3 will prove to be less impressive than the HD2. The HD7 spec sheet shows T-Mobile's US 3G frequencies, a 4.3" 480x800 screen, 512mb ROM, 576mb RAM, a 5MP camera with dual led flash, and a 8gb non-removable microSD card. While these specs would have been excellent in late 2009, in late 2010 they seem merely commonplace. In addition, one has to hope that the advancements in operating system will compensate for the small 1230mAh battery. The general reaction to the spec sheet has been disappointment, and I can only hope that HTC surprises us all with something more impressive.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I might be in the minority here, but I'd be 100% OK with the same hardware as the HD2 just with an operating system that doesn't slow down and get unstable day by day. The hardware on the HD2 is killer; it's just the OS that drags it down.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

There seems to be a slowing down in phone tech somewhat; 800x480 screens seems to be the limit for now, along with the 1GHz CPUs and 8GB of flash memory and A-GPS and Wifi and compass and what not. I still remember how excited I was at the HD2's 4.3"...

Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I might be in the minority here, but I'd be 100% OK with the same hardware as the HD2 just with an operating system that doesn't slow down and get unstable day by day. The hardware on the HD2 is killer; it's just the OS that drags it down.
My HD2 is excellent indeed........... with a 16GB removable SD card................. :-)

Seriously speaking HTC just "repacked" the HD2 taking away one button and voila'.... here it is the HD7.
Sorry HD2 owner: your phones cannot be upgraded to WP7............ for thechnical reasons........

Your units are not crippled, they must die..........

Last edited by Fritzly; 09-24-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor

I think there has been a bit of a slow down in improvements we have seen. This does seem to be part of the reason for my dissapointment. When Windows Phone 7 comes out, it would be nice to have one device (even if it were slightly more expensive) to really wow us. Considering that there are Android devices on the market that have more impressive features, it just seems like a bit of a let down to see this phone get released with last years feature set.

That Samsung is looking better every day ........

Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 PM
subzerohf
Intellectual

I've a nasty feeling that the manufacturers are saving their trumpcard hardwares for the Android platform, because it is where the heat is right now.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzerohf View Post
I've a nasty feeling that the manufacturers are saving their trumpcard hardwares for the Android platform, because it is where the heat is right now.
There is a slim chance that Microsoft has urged device manufacturers too NOT upgrade the hardware to substantially for WP7. By doing so they could level the playing field for all the players. Let's hope not......

Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 AM
John London
Contributing Editor-in-Training
Send a message via MSN to John London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I have the HD2 and I see no problems with the OS slowing down. I have had it for 90 days and only rebooted once because of some software installs. Works great for me.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35a View Post
I have the HD2 and I see no problems with the OS slowing down. I have had it for 90 days and only rebooted once because of some software installs. Works great for me.
Same here; no problems.

and besides it supports thethering, WP7 will not:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20...=2547-1_3-0-20

Old 09-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35a View Post
I've had mine for almost a year now, and it has good days and bad days. The most recent official ROM update (from a few months back) seems to have made things worse actually. Don't get me wrong, it's still the best Windows Phone experience I've ever had, but there are so many little glitchy things about it that bug me...