Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Jon Childs
Thoughts Media Review Team
Default 10 Good Uses For Your Old Hardrives.

http://lifehacker.com/5624331/

"So you've been computing for quite a few years now, and you've built a nice collection of hard drives, internal or external, collecting dust in the corner. Here's how to put them to good use."

Lifehacker has a nice article about a bunch of different things you can do with your old hard drives.  Step one for all of them is to get a USB enclosure to turn them into an external drive.  A lot of them deal with backing up your computer in one way or another, which is obviously extremely important.  Since I already have a good backup system in place, I was actually motivated to try and use an old hard drive I had to backup and play my Wii games.  With two young boys in the family throwing Wii disks all over the place I figured it would pay to spend a couple hours trying to load all the disks onto a hard drive.  I haven't managed to get it all working yet, but I am getting close.  There are a few other interesting things they suggest as well, but the Wii hacking was the only one that was going to stop me from having to buy a new copy of Super Mario Bros every 3-4 months.