Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Dell Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 AM
MadSci
Ponderer
Default Back to the Future

Sounds lik emy firs tSmartphone - the Venerable MPs200 - which AT&T sold as having Voice dialing. - It didn't and they weren't ashamed of themselves.
Or my last Dell PC, a pricey XPS Tower sold as having dual TV tuners - only it had only one. Dell didn't bat an eye over that, so what's a little memory here or there?

This is a good example of the value of Rule #2 in my 4 Rules for Smartphone Buyers:

The 4 Rules
1. Don't buy ANY cellular product on the basis of what "will" be coming to you. If you value it, wait until it is put into your hand.

2. Don't invest any time in loading up your new Smartphone with programs and data until AFTER you have verified every single feature you have been told will be on the phone, and every thing you 'heard' will be on the phone.

3. Return it IMMEDIATELY upon discovering something from "2." above is missing/non-functional.

4. Don't belive ANYTHING a salesperson tells you. The level of ignorance, misunderstanding and misinformation they absorb and then spew back at you is amazing, and they suffer no penalties for selling you a phone that doesn't work as advertised.

And remember that most of the individuals involved with you are not trying to make you an unhappy customer, it's just the nature of the system, so protect yourself.

I guess I'll have to change "feature" to "feature and hardware" in Rule #2. Never thought it'd be necessary. Thank you Dell for opening my eyes to how naiive I still am!

Caveat Emptor Baby!