Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Fritzly
Sage

With reference to:

"We've known for a long time now that Microsoft wasn't allowing external storage cards, and for some people, that's a deal breaker."

The use of "some" seems a little bit optimistic to me, especially when Carriers will raise data fees thanks to these "all stored in the cloud" and now "All synced through the cloud only" mantras. And yes so far MS is not charging anything for the services but tomorrow?

As for:
"Would I prefer to have removable storage like we have now? Yes...but, and this is important, right now we don't have merged storage. As in, when you add a storage card to a WM 6.5 phone, the OS sees it is a separate pool of storage. With Windows Phone 7, it sees the storage as part of one big pool - which is way easier, and faster for it to use."

Respectable opinion but many people, me included, would disagree: one of the first golden rules I learned about computers was to always keep OS and programs separated form data.
All my computers are set in this way; C:\ OS and Programs, D:\Data, E:\OS Image and Data backup. Of course I also have backup on removable storage. Keep everything together is a perfect receipt for trouble.
Btw yes my n HD2 all the data stored in the SD card too.

Last edited by Fritzly; 10-20-2010 at 04:42 PM..