¹ Win a Caprica Zune from Inside the Circle and CNET - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default Win a Caprica Zune from Inside the Circle and CNET

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105...10231021-1.html

"Damn those SyFy people and their Caprica. I think I’m officially done saying this will be my last Battlestar Galactica post because the show will never go away and they’ve gone and done it. They’ve crossed over into gadget land and created an amazingly cool custom Zune complete with the Caprica logo and custom Content. At the fan friendly LA television event PaleyFest09 they screened the premiere of Caprica at the famous Cinerama Dome last night (Monday) and surprised fans by having a 90 minute Q and A... Zune Marketplace will be the only place fans can get this footage from this Q&A session for streaming and download beginning April 28th."

I really should have my nerd card revoked for not knowing what Caprica is (or watching Battlestar Gallactica), but if that means anything to you (and even if it doesn't), we can all appreciate the lure of free stuff. Inside The Circle and C|NET are both giving away a Zune 16 (sorry, US only) with a bunch of Caprica programming and one of the coolest reverse-side tattoos I've seen. They're both closing today, so enter while you can!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Krebs View Post
I really should have my nerd card revoked for not knowing what Caprica is (or watching Battlestar Gallactica)....
DUDE! Come on...get on board!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:24 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Is that a bannable offense?

Old 05-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Yah, I know. I've never seen Firefly either *shields face*.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Funny you mention that. I had a conversation with my friend last night...I thought I was the only person who didn't like that show. Now in 24 hours I've met 2 others

Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Krebs View Post
Yah, I know. I've never seen Firefly either *shields face*.
That's a bit more forgivable - it came and went so quickly, a lot of people didn't notice. I saw Serenity (the Firefly movie) a few years ago, but didn't actually watch the series until this year.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tucker View Post
I thought I was the only person who didn't like that show. Now in 24 hours I've met 2 others
You...don't...like...BSG??? [reaches for ban button]

Old 05-08-2009, 06:50 AM
David Tucker

BSG was great (though I think it lost its way most of the last 2 years). I meant Firefly I usually have to run and hide from Joss Wheldon groupies when I say that.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
BSG was great (though I think it lost its way most of the last 2 years).
Yeah, I feel like BSG started off great, but the last season...my enthusiasm for it waned. I think part of it was the huge break between seasons 3.0 and 4.0 - it lost so much momentum. I'm still feeling very torn about the series finale as well...I didn't "buy it" so much.

Quote:
I meant Firefly I usually have to run and hide from Joss Wheldon groupies when I say that.
I wasn't a fan of Buffy or Angel, but Firefly for me was different - maybe because it had such a rich backstory that was completely different from anything else out there. I really liked the humour in the series as well - every episode made me laugh.

I just did some research on Joss Whedon and was amazed to find out he was a writer on Toy Story and Alien 4...who knew?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 PM
David Tucker

I was quite suprised when I rewatched Titan AE recently and saw his name credited there too. He's all over it seems.