¹ Did the Zune 16 Make Apple Scramble to Keep Up? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Phronetix
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I still like my 3G fatty nano. Fits perfectly in my hand and in the pocket. Thin and light. Does it job, though small screen, but good for short videos.
I also like the 3G design, but prefer the lack of stainless steel on the 4G. The 3G and 4G share the exact screen size, just different orientation.

From my experience with Apple, what possibly happened is that they planned to release the 4G in 4 GB and 8 GB sizes, with 16 GB starting manufacturing the same time as the release event. Then, when the Zune was released in 16 GB, they quickly changed plans. It speaks to Apple's respect for the Zune as competition.

Is the 16GB Zune freely available now? I checked the Best Buy site, and it says it's in stock. I'm surprised to see that the Zune has not undercut the price of the Nano by more than $20. By all rights, it ought to be $165... 25% under the Nano, at least until the market share improves. What sold iPods after the 3G iPod was released, when they really took off, was more people having them, seeing them, asking to hold them.... the Zune needs that more than the extra dollars per unit. I have yet to see a single Zune in the wild. That's not a good sign.

And yes, I love my iPods, and am an Apple fanboy. I also believe that competition brings about excellence and innovation, so I cheer for the Zune, a little. ;-)