¹ "Zune Phone" a Nokia? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008, 06:28 AM
JohnJohn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Torres View Post
You do know there is precedent for this, right?
MS licensed Exchange push email connectivity to Nokia a while back and they are both quite happy about it. And they are licensing Silverlight to all comers. Just this week it came out they help fund Apache.
***long quote trimmed by mod JD***

Just because Nokia has Exchange does not mean they're doing the Zune Phone. I could make the argument that Nokia is moving closer to Mobile Professional market by licensing Exchange. Zune Phone would be the opposite direction in my mind. Which might be a good business model, but unlikely.

If the Zune Phone happens I think it will be made by a hardware manufacture that already makes Windows mobile devices. The tuff part for Microsoft on this one will be making it easy...not trying to cram too much in it. "Make it simple stupid" However now that it's AFTER the iPhone it will get compared up and down. This may cause Microsoft to add useless, complicated features, only a few need. When I say complicated I don't mean us, forum people. Non-forum people are really pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff.

I think it will be a winner at a very, very low price point. Make it inexpensive. A 15 year old kid should easily be able to talk their father/mother into buying them one.

What are your thoughts on the demographics of a Zune Phone buyer? Answering that question may give us some insight who will make them.