Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2007, 05:17 PM
jalex
Ponderer
Default OCN6

WTF! I just got TTN6 and installed it yesterday. You'll remember from my previous post I'm a TyTN owner upgrading from OCN5. TTN6 was everything I hoped for and more! This is how software is supposed to be!

...then, this morning, I get an email saying that OCN6 has just been released! WTF! Talk about some crappy communication; the last thing they said was that they were discontinuing their product! That was the whole reason I started looking elsewhere!

Now they've lost me as a customer because I did look elsewhere -- per their instruction -- and found TTN6 and am relieved I can finally run the most awesome GPS software on my device that money can buy today!

I guess I should thank OnCourse for finally sending me in the right direction! :wink:

@DaringDave: no, the TyTN doesn't have built-in GPS, I use an external BT-339 (that I actually bought from OnCourse when I originally bought their software). However, as far as I can tell, most GPS receivers will work with any GPS software as they simply talk their own, standard protocol through a standard Windows Mobile COM port. Of course, having said that, Google Maps on my TyTN can't see my external GPS (but I haven't tried it with GPS Gate yet).