Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 03-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Typhoon
Sage
Default Experience with VAIO s360p laptop?

Has anyone had experience with the VAIO s360? I read that the fan is loud...but I don't know what that is like. Is it bearable? Right now I have the Dell Inspiron 700m and it is real quiet...always. I heard that Sony's customer service and warranty sucks, but I thought that if I bought an extended warranty w/accidental coverage, then maybe everything would be okay. Any comments?

People post quite a few questions on this forum about laptops, huh? I know I have posted a few times.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Experience with VAIO s360p laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon
People post quite a few questions on this forum about laptops, huh? I know I have posted a few times.
Yup, it's always a popular topic. One of the reasons I'm looking to launch a laptop site... ;-)

Old 03-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Typhoon
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Yup, it's always a popular topic. One of the reasons I'm looking to launch a laptop site... ;-)
lol let me guess...laptop thoughts?

Old 03-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
lol let me guess...laptop thoughts?
I've had Laptop Thoughts.com and Notebook Thoughts.com for a few years. I did some research and with all the major vendors (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Acer, etc.) "notebook" is the word they use. So while I kind of personally prefer the sound of Laptop Thoughts, Notebook Thoughts would seem to be more in sync with the world. What do you think?

Old 03-11-2006, 11:36 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

Anecdotal 'evidence' from numerous work colleagues (all in 'multimedia') seems to suggest the Vios are not so fantastic as they were 4 years ago. But then anecdotal 'evidence' about Dell suggests the same. I'm still as happy as I have ever been with Dell (exept for the fact that Tech support here in the US is awful compared to the support available in the UK), so make of that what you will.

Basically, it's a (small) gamble whoever you go with. Probably 99% of machines are great, trouble free and never even require any tech support. The last 1% could be troublesome, and those are the onle ones you hear about publicly.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Typhoon
Sage

Huh...thanks for your input. Yea, I would imagine that if I got accidental insurance, that would cover any mistakes greatly. But as for Dell...it is extremely difficult talking to the foreign tech support. You have to repeat what you save several times over and you get transfered around a lot. I have spent hours on the phone for issues that should take a few minutes.

Wow. It is hard to say. I thought laptop was more popular, but that is my assumption and I don't know what other people think. Yea, if you got the two domain names, that is good. I think the terms used to be different before. Laptops are what you see now and notebooks were laptops embedded into a suitcase (eons ago). I think that is how it used to work.