Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 11-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Duncan
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBrown
I sincerely doubt that. My Axim X51v running WM5 felt so much faster than my X50v that it wasn't even funny. Now that my X51v is temporarily down for repairs, I find returning to the X50v to be difficult.
I've held and used an Axim X51v and XDA Exec - they both felt slow - even sluggish - compared to my fully loaded Loox 720. I can also go by the many posts on Aximsite where people complain that upgraded X50v PPCs are slower to a frustrating level. I don't doubt your experience - just that it is the norm.

It isn't an 'anti-Axim' thing - it's a 'I'm not sure if I'm ready to abandon the advantages of WM2003 SE yet - even for one of the next generation Looxes or any other PPC

Quote:
Don't mourn CF slots yet. They were saying the same thing three years ago when I bought my first Axim. "They included a CF slot? Why? CF is dead."
I'm one of the great defenders of dual slot machines with CF slots - and I agree - the death of CF slots has been predicted for a while without it happening. This is the reality though - gradually CF slots have become a high-end device only feature - and now a number of high end devices have become announced/released without CF slots. People want a) compact devices; and b) full features - the first thing to go, to enable either of these, is always going to be the CF slot.

Do I like this? No. But you and I are in a minority now - and swiming against the tide.

Will their be any more high end PPCs with CF slots? Maybe (though I would not be prepared to put money on it) - but they will be vanilla devices like the current HP, Dell and FSC cream of the crop and those who want the vanilla devices are fewer and fewer.