Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2004, 11:21 PM
Don Sorcinelli
Contributing Editor
Send a message via AIM to Don Sorcinelli Send a message via MSN to Don Sorcinelli Send a message via Yahoo to Don Sorcinelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Behan
Thanks, Don. I'm using WMP 10 on the desktop, WMPM 9 on my iMatePDA2k and MusicMatch. I use WMP 10 to copy and can successfully do so to RAM but get a licensing error on the Storage Card.
Yep. There's the issue. WMP 9 Mobile allows for the content to be copied directly to the device; nothing removable. The advantage of the Janus DRM scheme is that the licensing structure will allow you to copy to removable storage, but still tie the content to the device (when I say "advantage", I mean from a licensing protection point of view of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Behan
Go BoSox! Grew up in western MA myself. Almost feel empty now but there's still the Bruins & Celtics to disappoint...
Hey - look on the bright side. The Bruins are no more disappointing then any other NHL team this season... :roll:

DonS