Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 05-18-2003, 07:47 AM
eric linsley
Ponderer
Default Re: Worst Job

[quote="Karen"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanag
As my hubby says: employees don't leave companies; they leave bosses.
I definetly agree with that
as my post earlier reflects that.
I enjoyed wrking at compusa for a little over 2 years
i hated working there for the final 9 months..
Argh... I hate Dilbert Bosses..

^ ^
H H
' '
'
___

Old 05-18-2003, 01:54 PM
tregnier
Theorist

US Army, 1967-1970. Need I say more??

Peace,

Old 05-18-2003, 02:20 PM
donbacardi
Pupil
Default Selling Shoes !

Worst job I ever had was as a shoe salesman in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I dealt with some difficult, arrogant customers. Many of these customers were foreigners (mainly Europeans) on vacation. Some of them couldn't make up their minds on which pair of shoes to buy. This made me have to make 5-6 trips to the stockroom for this one customer. It wasn't always that bad though. I was only 17 then & some lady customers attempted to "flirt" :lol: with me while in the process. Thus the beginning of learning to be a man. Today, I'm a successful Business Manager in Germany and always look back to those days as a shoe salesman. :beer:

Greeting from Germany !!!

Old 05-19-2003, 07:10 AM
cyp
Pupil

the previous job that I have as an accountant and have to deal with 2 idiots from the IT dept. The head of department knows nothing about IT (well she's the boss's wife, I guess she is entitled to be totally clueless). Her subordinate has the gall to say that as a computer programmer he knows that computer software are never accurate in their calculation and that is why he prefers to do thinks manually! :roll:

The time I was there almost cost me my marriage. Glad I'm out of there.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Ken Mattern
Intellectual
Default Worst job

Well it has to be either customer telephone support for a bugware company, (one day we actually wrote a program that worked!) Or keeping the sauerkraut stirred in 55 gallon wooden casks in the summertime - without a gas mask! Come to think of it that was the same company where I worked in a huge freezer and my feet froze to the floor. Thankfully I was able to reach the emergency button.

Old 05-19-2003, 06:07 PM
cmchavez
Intellectual

Probably the worst job was working as an FDA Food Inspector at a Fruit Packing Shed during the summer. In addition to running lab tests, I also had to physically inspect the waste water ponds for the plant. Man, the stink from those things would've warped a motherboard in ten seconds flat! 8O

Old 05-19-2003, 07:42 PM
toshtoshtosh
Ponderer

head of the IT department

Old 05-19-2003, 08:31 PM
orangehat
Pupil

pumping gas from 6pm-11pm 5 nights a week to pay rent while going to college many years ago.
or maybe the week or so the boss thought about going all Microsoft, that was pretty depressing too.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:57 PM
ux4484
Thinker

Made the mistake of wearing a "Merry Christmas" pin on Christmas Eve on my jumpsuit on my first job after college (electro-mechanical repair on production equipment). My Jehova's Witness boss saw it and blew a gasket.
He wouldn't talk to me all day, but just kept glaring at the pin whenever I saw him. I took it off by days end (at a co-workers suggestion), but that didn't stop him from assigning me 5 hours of O.T. (I was new, I couldn't refuse) to clean out a Zinc/tin metalization machine's dust control system (requires cartridge air mask and goggles). I went home a blue-grey mess (think coal-miner, but blue) my clothes were trashed and I had to put garbage bags on my car seats to drive home (I there after kept spare clothes at work). I completely missed my families Xmas and was needless to say VERY pissed off.
I continued at the job, and was similarly faith-based punished several other times (made the mistake of buying a co-worker a birthday gift :roll: ). I never really complained to management as it was my first REAL job, he wasn't filing complaints against me, just giving me grunt work, and I didn't want to be labeled a trouble maker. Lucky for me, I wasn't the only one he faith-punished.....he was fired about a year and a half after I started for doing the same crap to others.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:26 PM
lurch
Thinker

Working on a mini assembly line at a bakery, making sure the little pastries made it into the funnel so they could be packaged right. BORING. But it did beat ripping my hands to shreds stiring a gigantic "witches brew"-type pot full of who knows what, for who knows how long. Then when I quit they said "Fine, we actually didn't even need you anyway, we were just doing this as a favor to you and your dad."