Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 04-30-2003, 02:12 AM
dh
Mystic

I still have one of my Palm Vxs, my nine year old daughter uses my other one. Since getting my Axim, I've had no reason to touch the Palm. I'll get my daughter a PPC before the year is over as well.

Yes, the new Palm OS devices have some nice features, but nothing that comes close to making me want to go back.

I love dual expansion slots, great screen (no a little hi rez square screen is not as good), PocketMPV, @mail, PI4 and Textmaker. The only one of the programs I use everyday you can have on POS is Repligo.

I was hesitant about getting the Axim, the price seemed too good to be true. In this case it was true, thanks Dell. Good product support too!

Old 04-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Mitch D
Sage

I used a Palm OS based device for about 5 years and was happy with it, but then I examined what was out there for Pocket PC devices and what they could do for me and wasn't totally convinced till my boss offered me a iPaq 3830 at a price I could not pass up (under $200 new in box :twisted: ) because it was disco'd and taking up inventory bucks. Well I snached it up and have not looked back... I would never give up my iPaq for all the Palm OS devices in the world, a better Pocket PC device sure but I will not go back to a Palm.

Former units: Palm 3, Palm 3e, Palm 3xe,Handprring Visor Deluxe, Palm M500, Palm M505.

Current Unit: iPaq 3830 with a 3950 in my future unless the 2200 comes out first! But I would give it all up for a Fuji Loox though :!: :wink:

Old 04-30-2003, 03:58 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

Janak hit the nail on the head with multitasking. If I can't move freely from app to app without closing them, I will NOT use a device. I've got a Handspring Treo and used it for a while and the single most frustrating aspect was the fact that I couldn't easily copy and paste from one app to another.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:12 AM
Mitch D
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
Janak hit the nail on the head with multitasking. If I can't move freely from app to app without closing them, I will NOT use a device. I've got a Handspring Treo and used it for a while and the single most frustrating aspect was the fact that I couldn't easily copy and paste from one app to another.
I would have to agree with you on that, I never realized how much of a hassle it was to enter things into multiple places on the Palm. I just finished reading Ed Hansberry's article in POcket PC Mag about the "Pocket PC vs. Palm" subject and I think he hits it right on the head. I hear comments from my customers all the time that the Palm is easier to use till I whip out my iPaq and show them. I have sold several iPaq 1910's after showing them how easy it is too use.

Might have to tear out the article and keep it handy at work for my staff and customers to read. Great article Ed.
:way to go: