Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Developer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2003, 08:18 AM
stevehiner
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Daly
(While I cannot understand what it is like to have no urge to develop software, I do understand and am eternally thankful that this is in fact the way most sane and normal human beings are, since it is they who give me money to pay for all my disgusting and reprehensible habits).
0X
So I'm not alone in the world! Sounds like we are cut from the same cloth, so to speak. I've been playing with the .NET CF for quite a while now (since the first SDE beta for .NET 2002) and I agree that it's release will unleash a huge amount of software. I'm already making plans to start on a serious .NET CF app sometime around the night of April 24th.

Everyone needs to be aware of the fact that the .NET CF will, overall, result in a huge savings in storage space. Sure you have to install a 1.5MB framework but you'll save space every time you install a .NET CF application since so much of the functionality is built into the framework installation.