Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 06-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Smartphone 2002 photo album

http://www.iastyle.com/smartphone/index.asp

Ahh! Very nice! The first photo album and slideshow application for the Microsoft Windows Powered Smartphone 2002 is released to beta! According to iastyle, IA Album for Smartphone will both be bundled with some Smartphone brands, as well as sold as a retail product.

"IA Album for Smartphone lets you view and browse images stored in the Documents folder or a Storage card of a mobile phone. You can display JPEG, still and animated GIF, and BMP images, and IA Album for Smartphone can present images in an automated slide show, complete with transition effects."

Now, I just hope to see a Microsoft Windows Powered Smartphone 2002 with a built-in camera and support for Bluetooth. Can I patiently wait? You bet!

Old 06-28-2002, 07:08 PM
ARW
Thinker

This is great, I just wish there was a device available to use it on. I can't see myself leaving Verizon Wireless, so until somebody comes up with a compatible device, this is nice, but not real crucial. Speaking of crucial, for me Notes within Outlook is essential and it appears Msoft has decided not to offer this. Anybody want to write such an app for SP2K?

Old 06-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARW
Anybody want to write such an app for SP2K?
I think there's a more than decent chance that Phatware will port HPC Notes to the Smartphone...

Old 06-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Kre
Intellectual

Very cool. Cant wait until the Smartphone arrives, and Im lookin forward to more of these types of apps for the platform. These are the types of things that are going to increase the usefulness of the Smartphone and help it succeed, just like programs increase the usefulness and success factor of the handheld.

One message I always want to put out there, is that I want to see Bluetooth integrated into the Smartphone. I know Im not the only one. Integration is the key word here. I dont want to see stupid add on BT hardware like Sendo is planning on, that will only add bulk or possibly take up the SD slot which Id want to use for memory, not to mention making the phone inconvenient to deal with in this way.

But the Smartphone looks cool, and I cant wait!

Keep the apps comin!