Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2002, 02:04 PM
thebrix
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to thebrix
Default Spot the non-causal correlation

The article gives the impression that shareware is downloaded once and can be used indefinitely thereafter without having to pay; a clever journalistic legerdemain but, in the main, simply not true (most expire in some way)!

I suggest that sales have increased because prices have become more reasonable - the days of the USD40 or USD50 Palm or PPC application are numbered, and the point about USD15 being a critical price is plausible (compare ringtones and logos for mobile phones, which have also hit their critical price as people here are quite happy to spend USD1 on them).

That sales increase because demo versions no longer become available seems, to me, to be a classic non-causal correlation and, in fact, disastrous if believed - I, for one, would never now buy anything before being able to try it, and the days when the box and disks came through the post and you had to like them or lump them are, I hope, gone for ever.