Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Experience Mobility Reviews the MoGo Portable Mouse

http://experiencemobility.com/2006/07/review-i-go-you-go-lets-mogo.html

"Last December I saw a press release of a new mouse that was about to come to market. It had a very simple but unique design that promised to redefine Mobility on the Go! The MoGo Mouse is a Bluetooth-enabled, palm-size mobile mouse that could very well be the perfect solution for folks that dislike carrying a mouse while on the road. What was unique about this mouse was that it was designed to fit in the PCMCIA slot of your computer while traveling yet while at work, it easily slid out of the slot, had a leg that flipped open to simulate what I thought was the feel of a regular mouse and connected via Bluetooth. What was even better was that you didn�t have to carry any cords for charging because, while at rest in the PCMCIA slot, it charged itself. Of course, since it was Bluetooth, it would communicate with my laptops built-in BT transmitter up to 30 feet�wow!"

This is a little off-topic for us here at DMT, but many of us use laptops, many times for digital media purposes, so we thought some of our readers would be interested. I was a little skeptical at first, but after reading the review and Jack's impressions, I think I have to have one! My laptop stays primarily on my coffee table for quick couch surfing. Every so often, I hook up a mouse to do some more serious computing (usually when the big computer's processing something). A laptop and mouse take up considerable space on the coffee table, and having to dig out my spare mouse every time is not very efficient (the wife won't let me keep it in a more handy place). Something like the MoGo would be perfect. A portable, bluetooth mouse has almost become a standard accessory for laptops, and one that fits in the PCMCIA slot (a slot that's otherwise going to waste) is sweet. $70 may seem like a lot, but it's really not when you compare it to other bluetooth mice (mouses?). Anyone own one of these? What do you think of it? I'm really tempted, so please tell me you love it. :wink:

Old 07-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Chris Gohlke

Looks like a very cool product. If I had built in bluetooth, this would be a no brainer.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Phoenix
Sage

This mouse looks very cool. Small, sleek, BT-enabled, and stores and charges in a PC card slot.

But it has no scroll wheel or scroll "pad" of sorts. So that's a no go for me. But the creators did say that they're working on integrating way to scroll in the next version of this mouse. So it looks like I'll be waiting for the second iteration.

But if you can do without scroll capability, seems like a great choice to me.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:47 AM
jeffd
Philosopher

that rocks! course those of us with real new laptops that have expresscard slots instead of cardbus are screwed. :/

Old 07-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Damion Chaplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd
that rocks! course those of us with real new laptops that have expresscard slots instead of cardbus are screwed. :/
Well, at least yours is a slot that might be worth something more than a storage slot in the future. :?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
maggieyan3
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
This mouse looks very cool. Small, sleek, BT-enabled, and stores and charges in a PC card slot.

But it has no scroll wheel or scroll "pad" of sorts. So that's a no go for me. But the creators did say that they're working on integrating way to scroll in the next version of this mouse. So it looks like I'll be waiting for the second iteration.

But if you can do without scroll capability, seems like a great choice to me.

now available to buy from here

http://www.holland-xl.com/html/uk_pr...etail/606.html