Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2004, 05:08 AM
that_kid
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to that_kid

The Mackie Control is great, I have the main unit and 1 extender with 1 more extender on the way which will give me 24 faders at my fingertips(right now I have 16). I used to use a Tascam us-429 but the lack of motorized faders made it almost as bad as using a mouse. I'm not using a mac at this time(maybe in the future) but I'm running logic audio on a PIII 1 gig and I can do 24 to 2channel mixdowns with no problem. I also have 2 midiman delta 1010's and a RME Hammerfall 9652 which will be upgraded to either 2 HDSP 9652's or 3 multifaces and 1 HDSP 9652(right now I have 16 analog and 30 digital channels of audio). I have a few SM58,SM57's and a Beta 52 but I'm in the process of adding more to my mic collection. For remote recordings I'use an Alesis HD24 but I have to get some better mic pre-amps. I'm looking at the Presonus Digimax LT's so maybe I can retire my mackie mixer which I only use for pre's. For midi work I have a yamaha mu-50, boss dr-660 drum machine and E-mu Planet Phatt. I'm a big fan of outboard analog gear so I have a few things floating around like my all time favorite DBX 120 subharmonic synthesizer, some compressors and a few home made pre-amps. I think once the next batch of G5's or whatever they'll call them come out then I'll make my move. As of right now I'm good to go.