¹ Does Anyone Pick "Like It" for Zune's Rating System? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

I did too think that rating music was a waste of time; too much music to go through each and rate (much like Windows Photo Gallery allows you to rate pictures, I just find that too useless). But, then after I started listening to playlists I created, I kinda thought that having the songs within the playlist organized in an order would have been nice. So that's how I began to rate some of my music, so I guess it is kind of useful. Nevertheless, no matter how unimportant to most people the rating system is, I agree with most people on two arguments they're making:
  1. If it's just a "like it" or "hate it" kind of deal, why would you even have a "hate it" category? I understand why some websites employ that kind of system, but that's because you're just commenting on it, it's not on your computer already. So, unless you download a lot music and sync it to your MP3 without much attention, and you happen to listen to the music and find a song you don't like and would want to delete it next time, then that would make sense. But how many people actually do that, not many enough to change the whole system I would say.
  2. USArcher made a great point; this is going to cause a great deal of inconsistency between Zune, Windows Explorer, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, and the Xbox. What are they going to display if the meta data for the song is "love it" or "hate it"?